Dear LUSH Client,
LUSH would like to take this moment to thank you for your continued business and the opportunity to do so in the future! We realize that COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is top of mind for everyone right now. It is our hope that this situation is short-lived and the impact is minimal.
Evidence provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC)1 and the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)2 both state that there is “no evidence of food or food packaging being associated with transmission” and due to the survivability on surfaces, there is very low risk of spreading in this fashion.
We want you to feel comfortable and confident that Lush is providing you with the highest level of quality, service, and care. That is why we would like you to know what measures LUSH is taking to ensure our staff is meeting all food & safety standards.
LUSH strictly follows the guidelines set forth by the USDA Health Standards, OSHA Guidelines, and the Texas Department of State Health Services. Licensed ANSI Food Handlers (ASTM E2569-2015) are overseeing operations to meet all the requirements necessary for proper food safety. However, we have implemented more rigorous measures to ensure that our customers are protected during this sensitive time. The following items are a list of actions that LUSH is emphasizing to protect our customers:
- Our food handlers follow proper hand hygiene, specifically, frequently washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. This included but is not limited to:
- Before and after work
- Before handling cooked or ready-to eat foods
- After handling waste
- After cleaning duties
- After the restroom breaks
- After blowing nose, sneezing, or coughing
- After eating, drinking, or smoking
- After handling money
- Gloves & Hairnets are worn at all times
- Cough/Cold Hygiene Practices (cough with mouth covered, sneeze in elbow, or cover nose and mouth while immediately remove themselves from the food area and return after proper hand hygiene)
- Safe Food Practice include:
- Clean surfaces where food is being prepared (Staff is washing surfaces after each prep)
- Separate raw meat from other foods
- Cook all items at the designated food temperature required to prevent the spread of bacteria
- Refrigerate foods promptly when handling or preparing foods
Additional our employees are avoided close contact, when possible, with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing or sneezing.
LUSH will ensure these preventative safety measures are in place and met daily. LUSH reserves the right to not be held responsible for any illnesses unrelated or related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Please contact us with any questions or concerns.
Thank you and we look forward to serving you!
LUSH Management Team